In honor of the end of Mental Health Month, Take This would like to take a moment to recognize all of the people in our community who work hard to support the mental health needs of people who make and play games – the people who #EquipYourParty to be resilient and ready to help others. Maintaining mental wellbeing – and addressing major mental health challenges – requires lots of tools, and Take This’ community includes people who address many aspects of this, from:
- Leaders, including our Board of Directors
- Advocates like our streaming ambassadors
- Researchers who are trying to better understand the impact of games
- Clinicians who understand games and gamers
- Partners, including the Games Hotline, IGDA, TIGS, Safe in Our World, Feminist Frequency, the IGDA Foundation, the Fair Play Alliance, and Games for Change
- Sponsors like Xbox, Codename Entertainment, Wyrmwood, Quantic Dream, Team Salvato, Beadle&Grimm’s, Bethesda, The ESA, Child’s Play Charity, The RPG Valkyries, StartPlaying.Games, Parker Games, and Ubisoft
Our written and video content and resources are designed to help you find the support and community that you need – whether it’s our crisis resources, our Discord community, tips on how to talk about mental health, or deep-dives into the latest research.
We provide training and consulting to the industry, with the goal of giving people concrete tools and knowledge that will transform the way games are made, and we accept as many panels and speaking engagements as possible, hoping to spread the message about mental health, and the contributing factors that ensure wellbeing.